INFORMATION ABOUT THE PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679
Pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR), we would like to inform you about the processing of personal data of users who visit the Office of Papal Charities or its website www.elemosineria.va. Here below you will find the information about how we collect, use and transfer your personal data, or rather, any information that can be used to identify or contact you.
The controller of the data is the Office of Papal Charities, based at Cortile Sant’Egidio, 00120 Vatican City, (switchboard: +39 06.69871100).
LEGAL BASIS OF THE PROCESSING
Most of the information we collect comes directly from you: you provided them voluntarily or it has been found they were necessary for the provision of our services. The Office of Papal Charities processes your personal data in different ways and according to different needs in order to carry out its role and ensure the management, the development and the improvement of the services offered.
We collect and process data for the following purposes:
- The data processing is necessary to release the Apostolic Blessings on parchment;
- The data processing is necessary to make donations to the Office of Papal Charities;
- You gave your explicit consent to process your data for special purposes (sending of communications);
- Data are automatically provided during the web surfing on the website.
We use the data for the following reasons:
- To request the preparation, the shipment or the collection of the Apostolic Blessings on parchment;
- The production of statistical data for internal purposes, for checks, analysis and research aimed at improving the services offered.
In most cases the provision of data, which are used exclusively for the purposes listed above, is elective; however, the refusal to provide data and the absence of consent of their processing prevent the Office of Papal Charities from performing a correct service.
TYPES OF DATA PROCESSED AND PURPOSE OF THE PROCESSING
The data collected are processed by people expressly authorised by the Office of Papal Charities, which act on the basis of specific instructions and in compliance with the confidentiality and security of the data and in relation to the services provided. Persons authorised to processing, employees of the Office of Papal Charities, or third parties in charge of the maintenance and development services of the systems used for the computerised management of data, may become aware of the data only for purposes related to the exercise of their functions.
The processing of data takes place with computer systems or software procedures that acquire, during their normal operation, personal information whose transmission is implicit in the use of the Internet communication protocols.
The data processed include personal information that allows us to identify you, such as:
- Name and surname
- Age and date of birth, date of sacrament, anniversary date of sacrament
- Login credentials (username and password)
- Mailing address
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Information on the connection device (IP addresses or domain names of computers and terminals used by users, operating system or type of browser used)
- Online surfing activities and habits (URI / URL addresses of resources visited, date and time and method used to submit the request to the server, file size obtained, status of the response given by the server and other parameters related to the operating system and to the user’s It environment)
- Payment information
- Information related to security (shooting of the cameras, tracing of the passages in the Office of Papal Charities’ rooms)
The Office of Papal Charities tries to limit the use of this information as much as possible and undertakes to use it exclusively for the services for which it was provided.
Where possible, we use information that does not identify you individually (for example, for the collection of statistical data on our website surfing, we use services such as Google Analytics, which make your IP anonymous).
The data whose conservation is necessary for the correct provision of the services of the Office of Papal Charities (for example, those necessary for the preparation and delivery of Apostolic Blessings on parchment) are stored in electronic and / or printed format.
The Office of Papa Charities reserves the right to share personal data with the Vatican security authorities where necessary for the security or protection of people or goods.
Data related to the use of web services are also processed for the following purposes:
- Obtaining statistical information on the use of services (most visited pages, number of visitors per hour or day, geographical areas of origin, etc.);
- Checking the correct functioning of the services offered.
We do not disseminate or communicate the collected data to third parties, except for the purposes related to the shipment of the Scrolls, for which some data are transmitted to our supplier DHL Express Srl, which is the external Responsible for the processing.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING SYSTEMS
The Office of Papal Charities is not officially present on social platforms.
SAFEKEEPING AND CUSTODY OF THE DATA
The Office of Papal Charities preserves the personal data collected, in an accurate, complete and updated way, as long as they are necessary for the provision of the services. We can guarantee that all the necessary steps have been taken to ensure the security of your personal data once they have been collected, through the use of limited access information systems and the use of protected storage solutions.
EXERCISE OF THE RIGHTS OF DATA SUBJECTS
You have the right to obtain from the Office of Papal Charities, in the foreseen cases:
- Copy of or access to your personal data;
- Correction of your personal data if inaccurate or incomplete;
- Erasure of your personal data when no longer necessary;
- Suspension of communications sending for which you have previously given your consent.
Requests for copies, access, rectification, erasure or restriction of the processing of data must be submitted by contacting the Office of Papal Charities (switchboard: +39 06.69871100, email@example.com or by post). We point out that we can refuse to respond to requests that we should consider futile, harmful to the privacy of others, difficult to meet or contrary to a legitimate use of data if aimed at ensuring the safety of people, environments or goods.